Monday, January 23, 2017

MeatLoaf

Adapted from Pioneer Woman

This meatloaf is delicious, moist, flavorful and it's husband, brother, and dad approved:)

2 lbs ground beef (I do half ground turkey)
1 C. Milk
6 slices bread
1 C. gated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp salt
1/4 seasoned salt
1/4 C. minced flat leaf parsley
4 eggs
8-12 slices of bacon
*I add a minced onion
*I also add 1 c. finely chopped spinach 

Tomato Sauce

1/2 C ketchup
6 Tbs brown sugar
1 tsp ground mustard
2 dashed worcestershire sauce
2 dashed franks hot sauce (I put a good 6)

Directions:

For meatloaf: preheat oven at 350*. pour milk over bread and allow to soak for several minute. combine the rest of ingredients in large mixing bowl. Form the mixture into a laof on a broil pan. Lay the bacon slices over the top, tucking it underneath the meatloaf to give the meatloaf some support. Next make the tomato sauce- mix all ingredients in a bowl. Pour a 1/3 of sauce onto loaf and bake meatloaf for 45 min. and then pour another 1/3 on top of loaf. Bake for 20-25 min. The meatloaf should not be pink in middle. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving. 

No comments: